This week I’m chatting with David Bottrill, a 3-time Grammy award winning engineer and producer who has worked countless artists including Tool, Muse, Silverchair, Smashing Pumpkins, Rush, Stone Sour and so many more.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Balancing the artist’s vision vs giving people “what they want”
- Mixing in subgroups
- Building mix templates to maximize creativity and speed
- Carving space in the low end to get clarity
- Mixing with a subwoofer
- The downside of using reverb
- Knowing when to step away from a mix and restart later
Visit David’s Website – http://www.davidbottrill.com
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit http://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Submit your questions!!! I want you to learn as much as you can from these episodes. If you have any questions you’d like answered, submit them HERE
Thanks for listening! Please leave comment or review on iTunes!