In this week’s episode, I’m interviewing Noah Mintz. Noah is the owner and senior mastering engineer at Lacquer Channel Mastering. He has mastered projects for artists such as Billy Talent, The Sheepdogs, The Birthday Massacre, The National and so many more. In this episode we really dive deep into understanding the mystery of mastering and everything that’s involved.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Preparing your mixes for mastering
- The art of minimalism in mastering
- His secret mastering tool
- The importance of preserving dynamic range in your tracks – “Headroom’s totally not important… Dynamic Range is important”
- Getting your mixes to translate across other sets of speakers
- Understanding the value of your work
Visit Lacquer Channel Mastering: http://lacquerchannel.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit http://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave comment or review on iTunes!