Dean Nelson is an engineer, mixer, and producer who, in his time, has assisted some of the biggest engineers in the industry (Jack Joseph Puig, Mark Trombino, Neil Avon). He’s also worked alongside major artists such as Beck, Evanescence, Rolling Stones, The Ataris, and more.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Working with Jack Joseph Puig
- Developing the ability to listen critically (“listening to the negative space”)
- Mixing with the big picture in mind
- Adding creative textures to your mixes (“You’ve just gotta sometimes just take a bucket of orange paint and pour it on it”)
- Low end management – finding the balance of kick and bass
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit http://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
If you’re interested in checking out the recordings Dean did with my band, FALLS. You can listen to them HERE
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave comment or review on iTunes!