Andy Reed is an American record maker, musician, and mixing engineer based in Bay City, Michigan.
He has worked with Eric Johnson, Leland Blue, Tom Iscariot to name a few.
He is a voting member of The Recording Academy’s Producers and Engineers Wing and a member of The Audio Engineering Society.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to work fast without using templates
- Recording one instrument at a time
- How to make sure you have the right source tones
- Listening to references for inspiration
- Working with singer-songwriters
- How to produce a full production from a simple demo
- Finding your “starting points” with micing
- The importance of scheduling “lab days”
- Creating vocal stacks
- Finding the right harmonies
To learn more about Andy Reed, visit: https://www.reedrecordingcompany.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!