Brian McTernan is a record producer most known for his work in the hardcore and punk scenes where he has worked with artists such as Thrice, Circa Survive, Hot Water Music, Bane, and many more out of his studio, Salad Days, in Baltimore. He’s also a guitar player and singer who has performed with his own bands, Battery and Be Well.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How the process of trial and error will make you a better engineer
- Why leaving things raw can create better results than perfect
- How to find what makes a band special and taking their strengths to the next level
- The art of making a band’s vision come to life
- How to avoid the “sophomore slump” of making records
- His signal chain for achieving bass tones that cut through mixes and fit into the low-end sweet-spot
- How to create meaningful lyrics that people connect with
- The trick to editing tracks so they don’t sound stale and robotic
To learn more about Brian McTernan, visit his website: saladdays.com
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!