Mat Leffler-Schulman is a mastering engineer based out of Baltimore, MD.
He’s mastered countless records for an eclectic range of artists from Maine to Spain to Ukraine. Projects include Billboard #1 & Top 10 charting songs, GRAMMY® Award-winning artists, and many records with multi-million spins on Spotify.
Artists he’s worked with include Jon Batiste, Beach House, Mon Laferte, will.i.am, Blondie, Gipsy Kings, The National Symphony Orchestra, Jackson Dean, Lesane, Future Islands, Waka Flocka Flame, Dan Deacon, Wye Oak, Lower Dens, and Ice Cube.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Using analog vs digital gear for mastering
- How working with limitations will improve your audio skills
- Mixing and mastering on headphones
- The secret to mixes that translate
- What to listen for with reference tracks
- Battling imposter syndrome
- Avoiding debt while starting a studio
- Niching down your services and genres
- Creating intake forms to help give you direction and to reduce revisions
- Knowing when to take a minimalist approach with your work
- Mastering software vs traditional DAWs
- Mastering to specific levels: Does it matter how loud your masters are?
- Do you need expensive monitors/cables to hear mixes properly?
To learn more about Mat Leffler-Schulman, visit: https://matlefflerschulman.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!