These days, when it comes to mastering your music, there are so many options to choose from. There are free online mastering services like Landr who can master your audio almost instantaneously, or there is the traditional route of hiring a professional mastering engineer who might have a longer turnaround time but can offer a personalized touch. Both have their pros and cons. My guest on this episode of the MasterYourMix Podcast is Paul Edwards – a mastering engineer who has been very active on both sides of the debate. Not only is Paul a successful mastering engineer himself who has worked with artists such as Smashing Pumpkins, Flaming Lips, Simple Plan, and more, but he was also the Lead Audio Engineer for Landr as they were being developed.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Landr mastering vs hiring a pro mastering engineer
- The experiences Paul gained working at LANDR
- Whether AI will ever replace the human factor in audio production
- Paul’s mastering process and what he is looking for in a master
- The importance of being versatile and doing mixing, mastering, recording and sound restoration
- Studio acoustic treatment
To learn more about Paul Edwards, visit his website: https://pauledwards.ca
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit http://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint (a guide to using EQ and compression in your mixes): www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!