Fredrik Nordstrom is a producer, engineer, and mixer based out of Sweden, where he owns and operates Studio Fredman. He has worked with many of the leading melodic death metal and power metal bands, including At The Gates, Arch Enemy, In Flames, and Opeth. He is considered by many in the metal community to be one of the top producers in the genre as well as a central figure of the Gothenburg style.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- “Pro” gear vs “cheap” gear – How much of a difference does it really make?
- Building a listening room and understanding the impact it makes on monitoring
- Understanding who you are making music for
- Why your first few takes are the most important
- How recording DI tracks can save your sessions
- The importance of taking breaks while mixing
- The advantages of using one session per album vs one session per song
- The famed Fredman technique for recording guitar tracks
To learn more about Fredrik Nordstrom, visit:
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!