Chris Baseford is a Canadian producer, engineer, & mixer that has worked with top artists like Nickelback, Shinedown, Rob Zombie, Tommy Lee/Motley Crue, Avril Lavigne and several world-renowned producers and songwriters. Before going freelance, he worked for Sony Music and The Chop Shop Studios.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to dial in guitar tones that give you wider mixes
- Double-tracking vs quad-tracking guitars: which is best?
- Stacking guitars: how to decide on which tones to use
- Should you bother mixing for mono?
- Using drum samples: How to make your snares sound huge
- Chris’ new amp sim plugin: The ML Sound Lab CB4
To learn more about Chris, visit: http://www.chrisbaseford.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!