On this episode, I chat with Dan Weston, a mixing and mastering engineer who has worked with artists such as Kevin Gates, Flo Rida, Shad, Classified, and many more.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- His hybrid style mixing setup inspired by Michael Brauer
- How the size of your room influences how you hear things
- How to use rough mixes as inspiration for starting a mix
- Mixing vocals with 2-track instrumentals
- Tips for managing 808s in hip hop
- Tips for working fast and reducing how much you second-guess yourself
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!