EP 6: Dan Weston (Kevin Gates, Flo Rida, Shad, Classified)
On this episode, I chat with Dan Weston, a mixing and mastering engineer who has worked with artists such as Kevin Gates, Flo Rida, Shad, Classified, and many more.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- His hybrid style mixing setup inspired by Michael Brauer
- How the size of your room influences how you hear things
- How to use rough mixes as inspiration for starting a mix
- Mixing vocals with 2-track instrumentals
- Tips for managing 808s in hip hop
- Tips for working fast and reducing how much you second-guess yourself
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
To make sure that you don’t miss an episode, make sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or on Android.
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!