Josh Newell is a Los Angeles based engineer, mixer, and producer known for his work with a wide range of artists, including Linkin Park, Intronaut, Nas, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion P.O.D, and many more. He has gained a reputation for being a master with Pro Tools and being very thorough with his work.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Mastering your DAW
– Striking a balance between being thorough vs. being fast
– Pro Tools certification – Is it worth it/necessary?
– How to get in with bands that you want to work with
– What makes a great assistant
– Optimizing your recording environment in order to work fast and stay creative
– The challenges of working with A-level artists
– Tips for editing drums so that they sound tight but natural
– The one track that you should be recording in order to make guitar editing easy.
To learn more about Josh Newell, visit: https://josh-newell.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!