Jack Hartley is an Australian producer and audio engineer who works from Interim Recording Studios in the heart of the Adelaide CBD.
With over 15 years of experience as a musician/songwriter, Jack’s toured extensively throughout Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia and Japan. On the audio front, Jack’s a chameleon of the many sub-genres of heavy music, having worked with a number of acts – including Truth Corroded, Hidden Intent, Relapse, Werewolves, Shatter Brain, and many more.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
– Getting started with finding clients
– How to make your audio skills feel second-nature to you
– Branding your studio – Should you use your name or make up a business name?
– The power of having mentors
– The difference between running your studio as a business vs a hobby
– EQing low-tunes guitars
– Mixing screaming vocals: How to use compression to control your dynamics
– How to track vocals without burning out a singer
– Jack’s technique for tracking kick drums so that you end up with cleaner sounding room tracks and better sounding kicks
– Using automation on drums
– Dealing with egos in the studio
To learn more about Jack Hartley, visit: https://www.jackhartleyaudio.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!