On this episode, I chat with Dan Weston, a mixing and mastering engineer who has worked with artists such as Kevin Gates, Flo Rida, Shad, Classified, and many more.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- His hybrid style mixing setup inspired by Michael Brauer
- How the size of your room influences how you hear things
- How to use rough mixes as inspiration for starting a mix
- Mixing vocals with 2-track instrumentals
- Tips for managing 808s in hip hop
- Tips for working fast and reducing how much you second-guess yourself
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Submit your questions!!! I want you to learn as much as you can from these episodes. If you have any questions you’d like answered, submit them HERE
60 Lessons Every Mixing Engineer Must Know: www.masteryourmix.com/60lessonsebook
Thanks for listening! Please leave us a comment or review!