Alan Evans is a multi-instrumentalist, recording engineer, producer, vocalist and writer. He is the owner of Iron Wax Studios. He is also a founding member of the bands Soulive and Ae3 as well as co-owner of Vintage League Music.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to get a vintage sound with modern equipment
- Why “tube saturation” isn’t the sound to chase after (and what’s more important to pay attention to)
- Simplifying your signal chain
- How to use room bleed to your advantage
- Using minimal micing on drums
- Saturation: How to dial it in tastefully.
To learn more about Alan, visit: https://www.theatomicgarden.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!